How to Embed YouTube Videos in WordPress
Learn it in about a minute™
Have you ever wondered how you can have a YouTube video inserted into your website? No, it’s not magic, it just takes a few steps and is very easily done. This article will illustrate exactly how to embed a Youtube Video on your WordPress site.
Watch this short video to see how easy it is to how to embed Youtube Videos in wordpress websites:
Step by Step:
- Login to your WordPress site and either create or browse to a post or page in which you’d like to embed a video
- Make sure you’re in “HTML” view and *not* “Visual” view.
- Go to Youtube and find the video you want to embed into your site
- Directly below the video is a button named “Share” — click it
- This will invoke a submenu with yet another button named “Embed” — click that
- This will invoke another submenu containing the video code we need to copy — Copy that code
- Browse back to your post/page in your WordPress Admin screen
- Place your cursor exactly where you’d like that video to appear and paste in that code you just copied
- If you’re creating the post and have more to do, you can click “Save draft” or if you’re ready to publish, click “Publish.” Or if you are simply updating the post/page, click “Update.”
- Right-click (option-click on a Mac) on the preview button, open Link in new tab and view your work.