I don’t normally recommend things unless they stand out as being great (so you won’t find much in here) But the following are resources that I am certain will be useful to you. Note: Some some of these links are affiliate-based. (and if clicked will not have any additional cost added) All are products and services with which I have personal experience. I am recommending them because I feel they are both useful and helpful… not because of any possible commission.
AceNet (Actual phenomenal hosting) Like most web development companies, we like to make sure our clients are going to be hosted with a quality company. After 20 years in this business, we can finally rest easy knowing the sites we build will continue to broadcast over the web 24/7. All of our sites are built on Acenet servers. Superb quality tech support, lightning-fast servers, phenomenal customer service. (These folks know exactly what they’re doing)
Online Software Training
Learn software like WordPress, Photoshop, or other software from Adobe, Apple, Microsoft and more.
› Classes for beginners to experts.
› Learn at your own pace: Play, pause, rewind.
› Watch one tutorial at a time, or a whole course.
In my business, I’m constantly asked “What kind of computer should I buy?” I usually start blathering about tech specs, needs etc., which normally bores people who just want a simple answer. So I’ve stopped doing that. Most folks just want a computer that WORKS! So, here it is: If you are thinking about buying a new computer, you might want to check out the Chromebook. More details >
Web-Based Payment Solutions
- Authorize.net: is a payment gateway that can help you accept credit card and electronic check payments quickly and affordably.
- Paypal: Over eight million businesses are now using PayPal to securely process credit cards.Your customers don’t even need a PayPal account.
- Google Checkout: is a smokin’ fast, secure checkout process that helps increase sales by bringing you more customers and allowing them to buy from you quickly and easily with a single login.
Blogging | CMS (Content Management System)
WordPress: is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. All of our and our customer’s content management systems are built within the WordPress framework.
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products.
- CJ.com: This company creates profitable relationships between advertisers and publishers across a vast range of channels.
- Linkshare provides online marketing services including Search Marketing (SEM), Lead Generation and Affiliate Marketing.
- Microsoft OneNote The One Microsoft Product Worth Buying. This app organizes ALL of your notes, projects, whatever into a centralized location. I love the fact that you can easily organize your stuff into categories/pages/subpages and then just used the built-in search engine to find it later when you can remember where you put it. =) You can also password protect everything!
- Dragon Dictate (Mac)
Dragon Naturally Speaking (PC)
Crummy typist? Me too. Try Speech to Text Software!
Decades on the keyboard and I still can’t type well. Try Dragon, by Nuance. Install it, configure it, start talking to your computer and it will magically type for you. (seriously)
- Google Keyword Planner: Keyword Planner is like a workshop for building new Search Network campaigns or expanding existing ones. You can search for keyword and ad group ideas, get historical statistics, see how a list of keywords might perform, and even create a new keyword list by multiplying several lists of keywords together.
- WordTracker Keywords Tool: helps website owners and search engine marketers identify keywords and phrases that are relevant to their or their client’s business and most likely to be used as queries by search engine visitors.
- Seo Keyword Ranking: Easy to read executive summaries as well as detailed reports for data junkies. This system allows you to quickly and accurately determine how well your website is performing for your targeted keywords over time.
Marketers can also determine how many competing sites are using those keywords and can identify the phrases that have the greatest traffic potential.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- MailChimp helps you design, implement and track email newsletters to your users. (free up to 2000 subsribers) You can even share them on social networks.
- Aweber: You can create profitable customer relationships using Aweber’s email marketing tools,email signup forms & autoresponders. Aweber makes it very easy for you to build a huge email list and stay in touch with these prospects.
- Constant Contact: helps small businesses, associations, and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Launched in 1998, Constant Contact champions the needs of small organizations and provides them with an easy and affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships.
- Google Adsense: You can make some serious bank by publishing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. Completely free with a Google Account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- OpenX is the world’s leading independent provider of digital advertising technology that enables businesses to manage and maximize their ad revenue. you can compare their products here
Testing & Tracking Results
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky Web Analytics: is a real time web analytics service. This means that when you login and view your stats, you are seeing up to the minute data on the traffic to your web site. Most services don’t let you see what’s happening “today” until the day after.
- Google Optimizer: is Google’s free website testing and optimization tool and allows you to increase the value of your existing websites and traffic without spending $$.
- Elance: is the world’s leading platform for online employment, helps businesses hire and manage in the cloud. Whether your looking to staff-up a team on an hourly or project basis, Elance offers instant access to qualified professionals who work online. Staff up and down as needed, get candidates within hours and view work in progress.
- Odesk: is a marketplace for online workteams, with the a unique approach that guarantees employers that an hour billed is an hour worked, while guaranteeing to contractors that an hour worked is an hour paid.
- Virtual Staff Finder : is a simple one, regardless of whether you’re looking for several virtual executive assistants, or just one employee to help you with your everyday tasks.
- LegalZoom: Online legal resources helping you with creating legal entities (DBAs, LLCs, Corporations, etc) trusts, copyrighting and patent protection. Much more… *very* helpful and affordable!
- Google Voice Talk, text, and communicate more easily with cool calling features from Google Voice. All for free!
- OBi110 Use this voice service bridge and VoIP telephone adapter along with Google Voice™ on your regular phone and make calls to the USA & Canada for FREE !! Make calls to other countries with Google Voice’s incredibly low international rates using an OBi100 or OBi110 and your broadband connection to the Internet. I use this combo exclusively!
- Photoshop Elements Need to learn Photoshop Elements? This is the book. Easy to understand and gets you going to start processing those images for the web.